WestWood PTC May Meeting Minutes – 03/11/19, 6:30pm
Attendees: Karen Zwolenski, Amy Zwart, Nichole Meyer, Brian Schultz, Alexa Chapin, Natalie Nord, Beth Rafat, Logan McKee
Approval of April Minutes:
Alexa motioned to approve, Amy seconded.
Principal Update (Karen):
- Spring Conferences: Despite some of the weather issues and rescheduling of conferences, they were successful. Thank you for being flexible! The meals were very well received and the teachers send their thanks!
- Lost and found: Each year when the lost and found items build up, volunteers come in to organize to allow family members to retrieve items that they left behind. Thank you to the volunteers for your help!
- Testing: Spring testing was completed and preliminary results indicated that all grades are performing well, in both WestWood as well as SAGE Academy. Great job teachers and students!
- Flex seating update – Mrs. Z is working with a committee of teachers. They will generate a wish list and then get bids on different items. Mrs. Z will then communicate that to Amy for next steps moving forward.
Treasurer Report/Budget Update (Amy):
- Current balance – See budget detail.
- Review/approve budget – Butter Braids exceeded goals and may help with the flexible seating expenses. The tax return is done and signed. Funds were provided for spring conference meals and administrative professionals week as well as teacher appreciation week. Many special treats were planned for teachers during the week included a coffee truck! There is also a state of MN check that was added to the budget detail for $25.
- Restaurant nights: Wrapping up now
- Funding requests – Biz Town was funded,$1, 920. It was a very successful day and the kids all had a great experience!
- Games by James: Logan McKee owns this chain of stores and they were given a number of discount tickets for Crayola Experience. We discussed and decided we would offer them to parents/families for $10. Proceeds from sales will be donated back to West Wood PTC.
Discussion topics (Amy) :
All PTC Post Meeting Recap: The all PTC meeting was held prior to our individual breakout sessions. Dr. Staloch reviewed the boundary information. Principals from each school reviewed next steps for how we will approach celebrations moving forward. More to come, and this will be communicated by each school.
D.O.G.S: Brian is working hard to generate ideas on how to get more dads involved at WestWood. He will likely have a table in the late summer/fall for when Kindergarten is coming for assessments. There are also teachers who have approached Brian on different projects they need help with and would love to have the D.O.G.S to assist.
SUG for next year’s volunteers: We are in need of many volunteers to act as “Coordinators” for next school year. THANK YOU to those who have signed up!! These are the remaining positions:
-Back to School Night and Kindergarten Assessments
-Family Fun Night
-PTC Board Treasurer
It is imperative that we have volunteers to support these ventures. Without them, many of the fun activities we provide throughout the school year for the children would not be possible.
- We have many open positions for next year! Please consider helping, the time commitment is really minimal in the big picture. Many hands make light work!
- Next meeting is Tuesday, 06/04/19 @ 6:30 pm, WestWood Media Center
- Amy motioned to adjourn, Karen seconded. Motion passed.