December 2017 PTC Meeting
12/5/2017 6:30 PM
Attendees: Karen Zwolenski, Gina Hendrickson, Amy Zwart, Tony Hauschildt, Heather LaRue, Leah Goss, Becky Smith
• Gina motioned to approve, Leah seconded. Motion passed
- The student and staff have been enjoying the rewards of a successful readathon – Silly string, Duct tape and overnight adventure!
- This Thursday is the Principal and Pizza Lunch for the 82 students who raised at least $150 during the Read-a-thon.
- Conferences were a great success – 98% of our families attended!
- Wolf Ridge was a successful event again this year. The students had a terrific time and the WestWood staff reports that our students demonstrated exemplary behavior throughout the week!
- Kindergarten Registration is being planned for 2018!
- January 4th is Kindergarten Information Night. It will be held with all 7 elementary buildings together.
- Jan 18th is Kindergarten Registration night
Treasurer Report/Budget Update
- Handouts given – see attachment for more details.
- The current balance is $12,880.93
- Read-a-thon cash and payment from the Get Movin’ Crew will still be deposited.
- Tax filing is still in progress
- There was a motion made to approve $42.45 to be used toward Box Top buckets for the classrooms. Motion was approved
- We are still in the research phase for purchasing the Rollerblades earned by the Read-a-thon. We are excited to get these ordered!!!
Spirit Wear Update
- 16 orders were placed
- $190.77 will go to PTC in funds raised
- Orders will be delivered to the office by December 15th
- We discussed the possibility of not doing this next year, but continuing with the Back to School Event spirit wear. This will be discussed further at a future meeting
- Becky Smith presented a fundraiser being offered to our school from Singewald’s ATA
- Singelwald’s ATA works with Local Impact to create this fundraiser
- WestWood would send home flyers to the oldest and only students explaining the opportunity
- Our families would have the opportunity to sign up for 6 weeks of classes, a free uniform and a personalized first appointment for $69.
- WestWood PTC would keep 100% of that $69 fee
- Mrs. Zwolenski will check with the district office to be sure we are able to do this.
- If approved, we will consider sending the flyers home in January 2018.
Family Fun Night
- There will be a kick-off meeting on December 12th at 6:30 in the WestWood Staff Lounge
- The coordinators from last year’s event will be there to pass on their wisdom 🙂
- We will take inventory of all of the supplies we have on hand to be used at the event this year
- Wendy’s will continue to be an ongoing event
- We are considering adding monthly restaurant events, similar to the night we had at Davanni’s in October.
- We are looking for a coordinator to streamline our many ideas under this topic 🙂
- Each classroom now has a Box Top Bucket
- Kids can put their Box Tops and forms right in the bucket whenever they bring them in
- Leah will collect Box Tops from the buckets and give out meal certificates the same day she makes the collection.
- Next month Leah will have a classroom competition!!!
Gina motioned to adjourn meeting. Amy seconded. Meeting adjourned.
Next Meeting: January 2, 2018 at 6:30 WestWood Media Center