May 2018 PTC Meeting Minutes

MINUTES – WestWood PTC Meeting – May 1

Attendees: Becky Smith, Carolyn Yagla (Community Education), Karen Zwolenski, Amy Zwart, Jenni Reimers, Jessica Olstad, Tony Hauschildt, Lori Bui, Melissa Campion, Heather LaRue

Principal Update (Karen)

  • Conferences went well and everyone is happy that spring is here! A lighter feeling in the air.
  • In the middle of MCA testing for 3, 4, 5 graders
  • Recent decisions made
    • Back-to-school night in fall–turning it into a true meet-and-greet to have a chance to talk to families and teachers, etc. The staff is taking out the presentation piece for the evening.
    • Ice cream social night– Will do a parent-teacher night with grade level teachers to talk about what they’ll do this year – all while the kids are playing and having ice cream.

Treasurer’s Report (Amy)

  • Taxes are officially filed (so fee came with that).
  • Fees coming up: yearbook stipend, field trips, track and field days
  • The PTC board met and agreed to buy planners for everyone in the fall. We’ll include another touchpoint for the PTC inside, like a letter, etc. The teachers at the meeting agreed that it was great for them – that way they KNOW every student has one.
  • Butter braid sales were very successful this year
  • $418.63 request for a grade 3 field trip to Target Field.
  • Amy would like to put together a budget draft together for next year

Discussion Topics (All)

  • Looking ahead to fall – will ask NHS and Junior Optimist kids to perhaps provide child care at conference nights for parents.
  • Melissa Campion reports great feedback from everyone on the lost and found set-up. She added that she might need more help at the end to help clean up. The PTC is also officially signed up for Mabel’s Labels come fall. That might also be useful to pack for Wolf Ridge.
  • The teachers are looking to eliminate the kindness retreat and maybe Art Adventure if we can’t get volunteer coordinators.
  • Classroom liaisons. Could we utilize them more? Could there be grade teams? Rally each other?
  • Big Idea investments: center fundraising around bigger items (an outdoor learning space? flexible seating, microscopes)
  • PTC fridge – the PTC will move forward to get quotes, leaning toward new vs. used (because a new one will be delivered)
  • Three PTC boards in the district are on board to provide some kind of “seed money” for new school when built
  • Tony will draft letter for Karen to send out requesting board recruitment. The PTC needs a vice president and secretary come fall.
  • A rep with Community Education (Carolyn Yagla) attended the meeting for feedback and how she can help. The CE is starting fall planning. Anyone can feel free to reach out to her at cyagla@priorlake-savage.k12.mn.us or 952-226-0094.

NEXT (AND LAST FOR THE YEAR) MEETING IS TUESDAY, JUNE 5, 6:30 P.M.

This entry was posted in Meeting Minutes. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s