June 2018 PTC Meeting, 6/4/2018 6:30 PM
Attendees: Karen Zwolenski, Gina Hendrickson, Amy Zwart, Becky Smith, Jessica Olstad, Nichole Meyer, Heather LaRue, Melissa Campion, Stacey Sorenson, Kim Frantz
• Kim motioned to approve, Jessica seconded. Motion passed
- Construction timeline updates are online at PLSAS website
- Mrs. Zwolenski is very happy with the process and the team working on it
- Enrollment Update: This number changes day to day. Right now we have, with WW and SAGE combined, 512 students. This number is down from last year.
- 4th grade La Ola Del Lago will be at housed at WW next year
- 5 sections of SAGE next year
- Schoology will be discontinued at elementary level next year. It will be replaced with SeeSaw.
• How will PTC send out meeting notices, smore newsletter, announcements using SeeSaw????
• Will there be a calendar on SeeSaw similar to Schoology????
District office and IT is looking into these questions
- It has been a great month!!!
Treasurer Report/Budget Update
- Handouts given – see attachment
- Lots of end-of-year spending
- Yearbook stipend has changed – payment has to go through the district office
- Request for Eagle Scout to make Gaga Ball Pit – $1500
- Would be weather sustainable
- $500 already raised from cap day
- For recess and playground use (PE teachers will show the kids how to safely use and play)
- Building and Grounds people are making sure it will be safe
- Request for organizing unit in Staff Lounge – $200 – passed
- Request for funds to purchase new fridge/freezer – will be added to draft budget for 2018/2019
- Amy is working on a draft budget for next year
- “Big Ideas”
• Flexible seating options
• Outdoor spaces (this might be better to wait until after construction)Microscopes
- We want to start working on the Read-a-thon in August. We will need committee members.
- Jessica will put out an email to recruit more members
At August Meeting
- Ask teachers to put out BRAVO and ART ADVENTURE sign ups.
- K-2 Bravo, 3-5 Art Adventure
Paul Larson Visited
• He wanted to personally thank the PTC for the rollerblades
• He brought down a cart and the gear to show the group
• The rollerblades have been great, but the pads are showing some wear and tear
Coordinator Updates for 2018/2019 School Year
• BRAVO (can connect with Kim F for transition)• Art Adventure (maybe)
• SUG (can connect with Gina H for transition)
• PTC Website Maintenance
• Xinyun Zhuhas volunteered to take over the Butter Braids Fundraiser
Great Start to Kindergarten
• PTC table
• T-shirt sales – We will have the sizes on hand, but will sell on FeePay
• Collect emails for SUGs
• Coordinator opening sign-ups will be available – Amy has handouts created
Action Items Prior to Next Meeting
• Jessica will compose an email regarding Read-a-thon, Bravo, Art Adventure,
• Jessica will email the t-shirt vendor regarding potential redesign
• Amy will talk to Beverley about possibly having two shirts to sell next year
• Board needs to update the PTC calendar for 2018/2019 school year
• Amy will follow up with Eagle Scout regarding Gaga Ball Pit
• Amy will work on draft budget for next year
• Becky will prep an SUG for NHS childcare
• Gina will check with the office if the Aug 6th date works
Gina motioned to adjourn meeting. Amy seconded. Meeting adjourned.
Next Meeting: MONDAY, August 6, 2018 at 6:30 at the SAVAGE City Hall, Oxford Room