March 2018 PTC meeting minutes

March 2018 PTC Meeting

3/6/2018 6:30 PM

Attendees: Karen Zwolenski, Gina Hendrickson, Amy Zwart, Tony Hauschildt, Jessica Olstad, Becky Smith

February Minutes:

  • Becky motioned to approve, Karen seconded. Motion passed

Principal Update:

  • See the February S’more for a great monthly update
  • WestWood safety – In light of recent events, we had a great conversation about all of the plans in place to keep our children safe at WestWood
    • Well run system – All entrances and exits are locked all day. Only door that is unlocked goes into the main office. ALL PEOPLE must check in with the office staff and wear a sticker to be in the building.
    • If staff sees someone without a badge or sticker, they are asked to approach the person and offer them one. If the staff person is not comfortable approaching the visitor, they let Mrs. Zwolenski know and she will approach the guest
    • 5 lock down drills per year, 5 fire drills per year, 1 tornado drill per year
    • New Police liaison – he has visited and toured our building. Our staff can access him at any time. He spends a great deal of his time at the middle school buildings.
    • Evacuation plans are in order and staff does review this plan
    • Medical emergency drills (MERT team drills) also occur throughout the schoolyear
    • If any ideas/needs come up to keep our school safer, the PTC would like to look into allocating funds to meet those needs, if possible

Treasurer Report/Budget Update

  • Handouts given – see attachment  here and here
  •  Butter Braids in progress
  •  $100 family donation

Family Fun Night

  • It was a great success!!!!
  • We had a discussion about potential changes for next year
  • Amy will create a document for our Google Docs with these recommendations
  • There will be adjustments to:
    • Volunteers
    •  Ticket sales
    • Event locations within the building
  • We discussed moving the event to a Saturday, but after talking through the pros and cons of each option, we are leaning toward staying with Friday night. Karen will talk to Renee and Kids Co to see if we can find a plan that works for everyone.

Lakefront Days 2018 – MusicFest Update

  • WestWood PTC has committed to providing 10 volunteers at MusicFest
  • We will have to get the word out and get these posts filled
  • Volunteers get free admission for both nights and WestWood PTC will earn money for those volunteer hours
  • The performers will be announced at the end of March

Student Benefit Dollars

  • This is something the PTC provides to our teachers at the start of each school year
  • We compared how we do this with the other buildings
  • We will continue to provide this for our awesome teachers!!!!

Grant for New PTC in New Elementary Building

  • We would like to initiate a grant to help start up a PTC at the new building
  • This change would not affect our budget this year, but we would plan for it starting next year
  • Tony will reach out to the other PTC presidents to see if they are interested

PTC Freezer

  • We will be selling the PTC freezer.
  • We will first offer it to staff and then put it on the facebook garage sale page
  • We feel that a fridge/freezer would better suit our PTC needs
  • Becky is emailing staff about the freezer and then Gina/Becky will get it online if needed

Topics Mentioned for Next Meeting

• Coordinator/Volunteer review for next school year • 2018 RAT Goals (big ticket ideas)
• PTC supplies shelf/organizer
• Documenting our year

• We would like to attend a May staff meeting to review with our teachers what all PTC accomplished this year and what we are looking forward to in the year to come.

Action Items prior to next meeting

  • Tony will reach out to all coordinators regarding intentions for the 2018/2019 school year
  • Tony will reach our to Gina G. in regards to upcoming conferences dinner
  • Tony will reach out to Randy L regarding Art Adventure
  • Tony will reach out to other PTC presidents regarding the possible grant for the new PTC when a new building opens
  • Becky will email the staff regarding the PTC freezer
  • Becky/Gina will take photos and put freezer online if needed
  • Karen will speak with Renee regarding Family Fun Night 2019
  • Jess and Amy will make a plan with Karen to attend a May staff meeting
  • Gina will research fridge options for PTC

Meeting Adjourned

Becky motioned to adjourn meeting. Jessica seconded. Meeting adjourned.

Next Meeting: April 3, 2018 at 6:30 WestWood Media

This entry was posted in Meeting Minutes. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s