February 2018 PTC Meeting
2/6/2018 6:30 PM
Attendees: Karen Zwolenski, Gina Hendrickson, Amy Zwart, Tony Hauschildt, Heather LaRue, Saphia Lesch, Lori Bui, Brooke Lizarraga, Jill Hussong, Becky Smith, Alexa Chapin
• Lori motioned to approve, Jill seconded. Motion passed
- S’more Newsletter has been going out monthly. Lots of positive feedback!
- Kick off for I Love To Read Month went great!
- Kids loved the video put together by the teachers!!
- Social/emotional learning continues and the results are noticeable. Kids are showing great skills with manners and positive interactions at school.
- As of right now, we most likely will have two classrooms of La Ola Del Lago coming to our building next year.
- WestWood families were notified of potential border changes for the 2018/2019 school year
Treasurer Report/Budget Update
• Handouts given – see attachment for Treasurer and Budget
• Quickbooks cost will go from $10 per month to $15 per month
• Taxes almost filed
• I love to Read Month expenses being processed
• EStem Night Committee requested $145 for the two snake presentations. Vote was taken and passed
• Spiritwear Sales came in at $205
Lakefront Days 2018 – MusicFest Update
• Jack Haugen visited with an update for next year
• Ticket cost will be increasing from $30 to $40
• Tickets will be on sale through WestWood PTC starting March 1st
• Raffles tickets will still be $10
• Change with volunteers
- At the 2017 event, we earned $20 for every hour worked by a WestWood volunteer
- In 2018, points will be earned for volunteering and there will be money earned according to the points given at a job. 1point = $9.40
• We will need a chairperson to lead the volunteering portion of the 2018 MusicFest
• March 23rd is when the 2018 performers will be announced
Family Fun Night
• Pre-orders will be available
- Three options:
- All games you can play $5
- All games and a meal deal $7 (Meal = 1 piece of pizza, 1 drink, 1 chip)
- Smoothie voucher $3
- Can purchase individual food tickets, but not individual game tickets
- All options can also be purchased at the event
- Pizza ordered through Dominoes
- Tropical smoothie – strawberry banana, blue lagoon. (Up from 2.00 – 2.50)
- Eileen’s cookies ordered
- Popcorn is purchased and ready to go – may need to get more
• Donations are being collected
• Baskets will be made by committee on February 19th
• We will likely stick with the same format as last year
• There are prizes leftover from last year and more will be ordered.
Sign Up Genius and Volunteers
- The Sign Up Genius was reviewed and will be sent out tomorrow
- Teachers will be invited to participate and sign up to volunteer if they choose.
- This has been a big hit with the kids at other schools in the district.
- The question was raised tonight as to why we have our Readathon in the Fall rather than during I Love To Read Month. The Readathon used to be held during I Love To Read Month, but was moved to the Fall when the PTC decided to use it as a fundraiser in place of the Chip Shoppe. It certainly could be moved back to I Love To Read Month in the future. This is a good topic to revisit as a group.
- Butter Braid Fundraiser will be starting soon
Topics Mentioned for Future Meeting
- Student Beneift Dollars discussion
- In 2020, a new school is starting – It was asked if the already existing PTCs would
- throw together a starter donation.
- Flexible Learning Equipment
- Junior Naturalists
- Restaurant nights
Tony motioned to adjourn meeting. Becky seconded. Meeting adjourned.
Next Meeting: March 6, 2018 at 6:30 WestWood Media