May 2017 PTC Meeting
04/04/17 6:30 pm
Attendees: Karen Zwolenski, Gina Gertner, Gina Hendrickson, Heather Nelson, Lori Bui, Amy Zwart, Kira Kuksenko
April Minutes: Lori Bui motioned to approve, Gina Hendrickson seconded. Motion passed.
- • Its May! Lots of positive energy in the building.
- • Math and Reading MCAs will be complete after Friday of this week
- • Science MCAs will be complete after next week
- • MAP testing is now underway • May all school meeting went great today
- • Last all school meeting for the 2016/2017 school year will be in June
- • Thursday afternoon will be the Kindergarten visit for next year’s K students
Teacher Appreciation Week
- • First full week of May
- • Teachers had lunch provided by Mrs.Zwolenski on Monday
- • PTC will provide breakfast to show our appreciation on Friday, May 12th
Treasurer Report/Budget Update
- • Deposits
- Benevity deposit (company match) $14
- School store deposit $133
- • Expenses
- – Taxes completed $1000
- – Subscriptions/Publications for 2016/2017 school year (Time magazine, etc) $2610
- – Author visit $1000
- – Butter braids $9383.33
- – Get Moving Crew (Read-a-Thon for 2017/2018 school year) $500
- – Track & Field (5th grade T&F and grades 1-4 T&F) – $829
- – Fun in the Sun (K track and field day) $364
- • Income from butter braids – $5853.67
- • Due to confusion regarding how funds are accessed by teachers and how requests can and should be made, it was suggested that we have a meeting that includes Beverly, the PTC board and any interested teachers or parents to discuss the process.
- • If we are able to set up said meeting, it will likely be in the morning before school.
Back to School Night
- • An additional meeting was also suggested to address next year’s Back to School Night to determine the best process for selling and distributing yearbooks, planners and WW Pride shirts. (Fee Pay, checks, cash, prepay, etc…)
Music Fest Update
- • We are still waiting for Friday’s act to be announced
- • We are encouraged to continue to promote online ticket sales on behalf of WestWood • We can continue to sell tickets through July 13th
- • We have Chik-Fil-A coupons to hand out when raffle tickets are sold
- Succession Planning
- • We have a new parent coming to WestWood from Redtail Ridge who is interested in possibly taking on our Vice Presidency
- • We are still actively looking for a new Treasurer
- • Several committee openings including, but not limited to: Family Fun Night and Reada-Thon Committee
Lori Bui motioned to adjourn meeting. Heather Nelson seconded. Meeting adjourned.