April 2017 PTC Meeting
04/04/17 6:30 pm
Attendees: Tony Hauschildt, Gina Gertner, Gina Hendrickson, Heather Nelson, Kim Hjelm, Lori Bui, Alexa Chapin, Becky Smith, Sarah Watters, Tami Adams
March Minutes: Heather motioned to approve, Gina H seconded. Motion passed
- Jim from The Get Moving Crew spoke to us regarding how our fundraiser can/will look next Fall with their assistance
- We will run the fundraiser, but they will provide “add ons” such as internet support and organizational tools
- We need to form a committee to head up this event
- Schools generally keep over 93% of funds raised when using The Get Moving Crew • We can get packets and prizes from them or do those on our own
- Their website will be key to this fundraising approach
- Parents will register and create a fundraising page • Parents can input a message and a student photo is optional
- We will need to encourage kids to get registered in order for this to be a success
- Individual, Classroom, and School pages are available online to track progress
- These pages can be used in classroom lessons if teachers desire
- The webpage will show parents what the money raised will be used for
- We need to determine the best way to remind parents to look into corporate matching opportunities
- We can ask local companies to sponsor the event – those companies will be posted on the fundraising website
- We are encouraged to use trinkets or other rewards to get kids to register and then at certain benchmarks
- First class to get to a certain mark can earn extra recess, extra media time, pj day, book, bookmark, etc…
- First child in class to earn a donation can receive a trinket
- If a student does not have computer/internet access, they can bring in any size donation and be rewarded – feel like part of the team
- Teacher could possibly earn rewards for classroom accomplishments – coffee card, PTC takes bus duty, etc…
- This is a great event to get our classroom liaisons involved.
- Butter Braid Results:
- $15,237 in proceeds
- $9,158.40 in expenses
- $6,078.60 net income
- PTC cash balance at the end of the year will be approximately $14,000.00
- • Next meeting we will discuss setting a goal to work toward for using our PTC funds.
Music Fest Update
- Tickets are out and hopefully being sold
- Please let us know if anyone wants tickets to sell/buy
- The rock band has not yet been announced. We expect sales to go better once that happens
- Checks for tickets should be written out to Prior Lake Rotary
- We are waiting for our Rotary contacts to tell us what date we can sell the paper tickets up until
- Tickets can be purchased online up until the actual event.
- We have several volunteer slots available for WestWood parents to sign up for. The WestWood PTC will earn $20 for every hour of volunteering by one of our parents.
- We were allotted the following volunteer slots: Westwood…9 people working admissions on Friday from 7-10pm and 9 people working admissions on Saturday from 7-10pm
- To sign up to volunteers, go to http://musicfest.ivolunteer.com/ptcvols_003. This website will be active starting on April 15th.
- Feel free to contact us for more info regrading this volunteer opportunity
Box Top Update
- Moving away from dinner coupons next year
- Classrooms can earn popcorn parties for collecting the most Box Tops
- Tami would bring in the popcorn and drinks for winning teachers to use at their convenience
- Box Tops will likely be collected only thee times throughout the year
- We are considering sending out pre-addressed envelopes to distant friends/relatives to collect box tops and send them into school
Other Committee Updates
- • Coke rewards has officially ended
- • We will be arranging to take all of the pop tops at school to a Ronald McDonald House
- • Please remember to be using Amazon Smiles
- • With Amazon Smiles, .5% of all Amazon purchases goes to WestWood PTC
- • Vice President and Treasurer openings on the board next year
- • Several committee openings including, but not limited to: School Store, Family Fun Night, Conference Dinners will also have openings
- • We will continue to determine what coordinators will be returning and where we have openings and then begin trying to fill those positions Classroom Liaisons
- • How can we better utilize this roll next year?
- • We will once again ask for liaisons at the back to school night, but can also reach out using a Sign Up Genius
- • We hope to get classroom liaisons involved in the Fall Fundraiser and in the Box Tops contests
Gina G motioned to adjourn meeting. Gina H seconded. Meeting adjourned.