March 2017 PTC Meeting
03/07/17 6:30 pm
Attendees: Tony Hauschildt, Karen Zwolenski, Jenni Reimers, Gina Hendrickson, Heather Nelson, Kim Hjelm
February Minutes: Gina motioned to approve, Jenni seconded. Motion passed
- Completed I Love To Read Month with a wonderful all school meeting wrap up
- Bully assembly with the Vikings went great!
- EStem night was a success with lots of positive feedback
- Author David LaRochelle is visiting WestWood tomorrow
- Mrs. Zwolenski briefly addressed the growing enrollment t our school. We had 575 students at WestWood last year we are currently at 634. We are running out of space. Our teachers are rising to the occasion and making it work, but the issue must be addressed. The facilities task force and facilities design team are working hard on options. Mrs. Zwolenski will be putting a message on schoology to encourage parents to give feedback on survey that is available to the public. We need support to make the very needed progress!
Family Fun Night results:
- $5,808.20 in proceeds
- $1,751.45 expenses
- $4,056.75 net income
- PTC cash balance is currently $18,105.95
Substitute Funding and Field Trip Money
- What is the process?
- How is the money allotted?
- These questions will be addressed by the board.
- The answers to these questions should be presented to the teachers at the start of the school year so they are all on the same page
Next School Year
- Gina G is stepping down as Vice President.
- Several coordinator positions also need to be filled for next school year.
- How can we get more volunteers next year?
- Send home PTC information sheet at the start of the year
- Include a list of open positions with an opportunity to sign up
- Have a table with PTC info at Kindergarten testing dates, Back to School night, Ice Cream Social, etc…
- Determine a way to get our classroom liaisons more involved
- They will retain a 15% fee on all online donations. They do not retain fee on the other donations. Averages about to about 6% fee on all donations.
- They can assist with a Readthon or Fun Run – whichever we prefer
- They guide the fundraiser but are not directly involved in the process. PTC will still run the fundraiser. • Redtail Ridge had great success with the help of A+ Marketing this year
- We will use them for our Fall Fundraiser next school year.
Music Fest Update
- Tony recapped how this fundraiser will work
- We have concert tickets and raffle tickets on hand to sell
- We need to get the tickets out to be sold
- Tony is asking Jim (our rotary rep) how to handle to money we collect
- Kids may NOT sell raffle ticktets
- URL!!!!! WestWood has it’s own URL for online ordering. Everytime someone buys a ticket using that URL, we earn 50% of the proceeds! SPREAD THE WORD!!!
Gina motioned to adjourn meeting. Heather seconded. Meeting adjourned.
Next Meeting: April 4th, 2017 6:30