WestWood PTC Minutes
February 6th, 2017
Attendees: Tony Hauschildt, Karen Zwolenski, Gina Hendrickson, Gina Gertner, Michelle Cuka, Jenni Reimers, Lori Bui, Heather Nelson
January Minutes: Gina H motioned to approve the January minutes. Gina G seconded. Motion passed.
- Looking forward to Friday night – Family Fun Night
- Re-imagine Minnesota (World Cafe) event is at TOMS this Thursday night. Please encourage parents to be there.
- 5th grade had a field to Feed My Starving Children today. It went very well and many compliments were received regarding our fabulous fifth grade students!
- Read-a-thon month has kicked off. First meeting was great! The month long celebration will culminate with an author visit on March 8th.
Family Fun Night:
- Only 5 of 117 volunteer slots remain open at this time.
- Gina G will send an email inviting staff to join us as volunteers or just to be a part of the fun.
- As of 2/6/17, we have sold 418 tickets, 94 wristbands, 120 meal vouchers!
• We have received two company matching donations totaling $245 tied to the Fall Readathon.
- Family Fun Night expenses will be reported after the event.
- $2200 went to the recent Kindness Retreat.
- $450 went to the Zoo Mobile.
- $15,664 is our current available balance.
- There is $2500 in the PTC budget for publications/subscriptions. Teachers are going to have a conversation regarding:
- The cost of the publications they currently get each year
- Do they wish to continue with the same subscriptions
- Are there other publications they would prefer
Jim with the Prior Lake Rotary Presented:
- History and current mission of Rotary
- Lakefront Music Fest
- History of Music Fest
- Opportunity for our school to make money as a non-profit with the rotary
Revenue Opportunities with Music Fest
- Tickets cost $30 for Friday and Saturday if purchased ahead. Tickets cost $30 over night if purchased closer to the event.
- WestWood PTC keeps 50% of our ticket revenue
- This years raffle includes a truck, $5000 and $1000.
- Raffle tickets are $10 each
- WestWood PTC keeps 50% of our raffle ticket revenue
- If we get a sponsorship, WestWood PTC keeps 50% of the first time cash contribution.
- Year 2 50%, Year 3 40%, Year 4 30%, Years 5+ 20%
- WestWood PTC earns $20/hour for each hour of volunteer work
- MusicFest Kickoff party is March 7th – Musical guests will be announced that night • Our next step Do we want to particpate? What kind of goals do we want to set?
- Tony met with a representative from this marketing organization.
- They offer a three tier option for support in fundraisers (3 different levels of support.)
- WestWood PTC would pay them a certain amount depending upon how involved they are (which tier we choose.)
- They typically retain 33 – 45% of the event revenue.
- This company likes to use a Fun Run format. Students receive pledges according to how many laps they complete.
- This company suggested having the event in the Spring, but Tony will ask if they could do a Fall event.
- We can look into similar (local) agencies that have been used by other local schools (i.e, Apex.)
Noodles & Company:
- Tony is currently looking into a partnership with the new local Noodles & Company
- Overall this event didn’t go well this year
- Will look into a new vendor for next year
• Gina G motioned to adjourn meeting. Gina H seconded. Meeting adjourned.