WestWood PTC Minutes
January 3, 2017
Attendees: Tony Hauschildt, Karen Zwolenski, Gina Gertner, Gina Hendrickson, Jenni Reimers, Amanda Swenson, Alexa Chapin, Adrienne Kelsey, Kira Kuksenko, Cassie Downard, Judy Rowland
December Minutes: Gina G motioned to approve the December meeting minutes. Gina H seconded. Motion passed.
- January will be a busy month with many events falling between tonight and our next PTC meeting
- SAGE info night
- Kindness Retreat for 4th graders
- Second greasers taking COGAT test
- Geography Bee • Kindergarten Registration
- I Love to Read Month will kick off
- This committee has not met yet. After they meet, Karen will present the PTC with any potential requests for our support.
- 2nd and 3rd grade music concert
- 5th graders going to Feed My Starving Children
- In years past the PTC has purchased M&M tubes to collect quarters to use as Feed My Starving Children donations. This year, the PTC funds will be used for bussing instead of the M&M tubes.
- No 2017 ESTEM night discussions have occurred to date
- There were few transactions in the month of December
- PTC ordered and paid for adult size WestWood t-shirts
- Readathon expenses were increased due to payment for pizza lunch
- Money was deposited from school store
- Carnival prize expenses
- Field trip spending is currently at $1452 of $4000
- Tax return was completed for 2015/2016
Family Fun Carnival update:
- Name changed to reflect new games being introduced to our annual family event
- IPod music will be played in gym where the games will be held (in lieu of DJ)
- Cosmopolitan is donating a hockey shoot out game (in lieu of photo booth)
- We are adding carnival games – they will be in the gym and will require tickets
- Game tickets will be 50 cents each, or $5 for an unlimited wristband option
- Tickets will also be used for food and drinks as in previous years. Pre-purchase option will be available for all tickets.
- There will be less decorating this year
- More volunteers will be needed this year to run games. Michelle C and Gina G will ask for volunteers in the letter going home. A sign up genius will also be sent out prior to the event.
- We will continue to look into using the PTC carnival games kept in storage in the future. Thus year, we did not have the means for transporting and/or storing the games. A few od the smaller games will be used this year.
- We can look into putting any potential profits from the Family Fun Night right back into that event
• Twins Day
- Adrienne reserved 150 tickets for Sunday, May 21st (vs KC Royals)
- Adrienne will advertise any giveaways and “extras” for kids (i.e. running bases)
• Coke Rewards – Alane Madsen is coordinating
• Staff Appreciation Breakfast
- May 5th
- Tony volunteered to take this event
- In the past there has been a breakfast provided for staff (yogurt, pastries, fruit, coffee) as well as small prizes won from drawings
• School Store
- Gina H currently coordinates, but will not be able to continue next year
- Jessie Hawley will continue to assist next year’s coordinator
• Vice President – Will be open next year
MusicFest Rotary Fundraiser
- This idea was introduced at December’s meeting
- Tony reached out to Tim Bell and is meeting with him to look into using this as a potential fundraiser later this year.
- Tony will get more information such as who else uses this fundraiser, if there is a minimum sell required, etc
- More info to come at February meeting. If we pursue, a rotary representative might attend that meeting to present us with all of the needed information.
- Check mailboxes as board members
- Next meeting is February 7th
Meeting Adjourned Gina G made a motion to adjourn tonight’s meeting. Gina H seconded. Motion Passed.