January 2016 PTC Meeting
01/05/15 6:30 pm
Attendees: Michelle Cuka, Shelly Garrity, Gina Gertner, Gina Hendricksen, Rachel Jensen, Katie Mahoney, Heather Nelson
Rachel motioned to approve minutes, Shelly seconded. Motion passed.
- Kindness Retreat was held 1/5 for 4th
- Two author studies are scheduled in late January/February, Mary Bleckwehl for grades K-2 and Geoffrey Saign for grades 3-5.
- A Maker Bot 3-D Printer was donated by a WestWood family. SWOT Jr kids will learn how to use it and then will teach staff and other kids.
- Schwingler is starting a Coding Club.
- We are following the “Ideal” budget due to the success of Read a thon.
- Kindergarten teacher Leah Bulver requested $172 for bussing for environmental ed.
- M&M containers were purchased for Feed My Starving Children, which is in February for grades 2-5. M&M containers were budgeted under Admin this year, but will move to its own line item for next year’s budget.
Feed My Starving Children.
- Will explore other ideas instead of M&M container next year to support a service project (Penny Wars and/or using the budget for bussing).
- May investigate other service projects as an alternative to Feed My Starving Children.
- Proposal to pay $500 for author visits was approved.
DOGS Donuts with Dad
- Katie will talk to the Dad who was interested.
- DOGS could be assigned to an activity for ESTEM Night.
- Gina will ask how other schools DOGS activities are funded.
Family Fun Night.
- Cake walk – Rachel is coordinating, will get a Sign Up Genius out for cakes
- Silent auction – Gina Hendricksen is coordinating, will get a Sign Up Genius out for creating the baskets.
- Will be doing Coloring for Vets instead of Valentines for Vets.
- Chess club will have a table.
- Face painter has been confirmed.
- Smoothies have been confirmed.
- Dominos has been confirmed for pizza.
- Free photo booth from Cosmopolitan Dental has been confirmed.
- Dj has been confirmed.
- Butter braids are coming up 2/17.
- ESTEM Night 3/3.
- Staff appreciation 5/6 – PTC will provide breakfast one day; Katie will come back with any further requests for support
- Twins Day 6/4