December 2015 PTC Meeting
12/8/15 6:30 pm
Attendees: Gina Gertner, Michelle Cuka, Amanda Swenson, Alane Madsen, Gina Hendrickson, Becky Smith, Heather Nelson, Kim Frantz, Stacy Pearson
Amanda Swenson motioned to approve minutes, Gina Hendrickson seconded. Motion passed.
Mrs. Mahoney could not be here tonight.
Viewed “Growth in Prior Lake-Savage Area Schools”
- $178 from Movie income
- $229 from school store
- ~$270 expenses not reflected in budget from food for teacher conference night
- Environmental Kindergarten has requested funds for monthly field trips ($172 per month). This would be for all kindergarten. Gina G. will get more information on how field trips funds are allocated, and what has been spent so far and bring it back to the group for final decision/approval.
- Other schools within PL/S schools have really good “Dads of Good Students” (DOGS) groups. WestWood has struggled getting this up and running.
- Donuts for Dads in January. Kids have donuts with Dads, go to class, and dads stay to hear a bit about the DOGS program and how they can help. Get Dads from the other DOGS groups to come present.
Family Fun Night.
- Face painter reserved
- DJ reserved (7th grader)
- Photo booth – free from Cosmopolitan Dental
- Possible cake walk (Rachel Jensen)
- Possible Silent Auction (Gina Hendrickson)
- Changed Valentines for Vets – possible crafting/coloring space instead for kids that need quiet
- Alane Madsen will organize
- Possible Kona Ice vs. Tropical Smoothie
- Will be here next week.
- Butter Braids kick off 2/17
- ESTEM Night 3/3
- Staff Appreciation 5/6
- Twins Day 6/4 ($14 per ticket)
- Amazon Smiles – flyer went home around Black Friday/Cyber Monday
- Target REDcard ending Spring of 2016
- Jen Knox looking into Kwik Trip Milk Moola