WestWood PTC Minutes
February 6th, 2017
Attendees: Tony Hauschildt, Karen Zwolenski, Gina Hendrickson, Gina Gertner, Michelle Cuka, Jenni Reimers, Lori Bui, Heather Nelson
January Minutes: Gina H motioned to approve the January minutes. Gina G seconded. Motion passed.
- Looking forward to Friday night – Family Fun Night
- Re-imagine Minnesota (World Cafe) event is at TOMS this Thursday night. Please encourage parents to be there.
- 5th grade had a field to Feed My Starving Children today. It went very well and many compliments were received regarding our fabulous fifth grade students!
- Read-a-thon month has kicked off. First meeting was great! The month long celebration will culminate with an author visit on March 8th.
Family Fun Night:
- Only 5 of 117 volunteer slots remain open at this time.
- Gina G will send an email inviting staff to join us as volunteers or just to be a part of the fun.
- As of 2/6/17, we have sold 418 tickets, 94 wristbands, 120 meal vouchers!
• We have received two company matching donations totaling $245 tied to the Fall Readathon.
- Family Fun Night expenses will be reported after the event.
- $2200 went to the recent Kindness Retreat.
- $450 went to the Zoo Mobile.
- $15,664 is our current available balance.
- There is $2500 in the PTC budget for publications/subscriptions. Teachers are going to have a conversation regarding:
- The cost of the publications they currently get each year
- Do they wish to continue with the same subscriptions
- Are there other publications they would prefer
Jim with the Prior Lake Rotary Presented:
- History and current mission of Rotary
- Lakefront Music Fest
- History of Music Fest
- Opportunity for our school to make money as a non-profit with the rotary
Revenue Opportunities with Music Fest
- Tickets cost $30 for Friday and Saturday if purchased ahead. Tickets cost $30 over night if purchased closer to the event.
- WestWood PTC keeps 50% of our ticket revenue
- This years raffle includes a truck, $5000 and $1000.
- Raffle tickets are $10 each
- WestWood PTC keeps 50% of our raffle ticket revenue
- If we get a sponsorship, WestWood PTC keeps 50% of the first time cash contribution.
- Year 2 50%, Year 3 40%, Year 4 30%, Years 5+ 20%
- WestWood PTC earns $20/hour for each hour of volunteer work
- MusicFest Kickoff party is March 7th – Musical guests will be announced that night • Our next step Do we want to particpate? What kind of goals do we want to set?
- Tony met with a representative from this marketing organization.
- They offer a three tier option for support in fundraisers (3 different levels of support.)
- WestWood PTC would pay them a certain amount depending upon how involved they are (which tier we choose.)
- They typically retain 33 – 45% of the event revenue.
- This company likes to use a Fun Run format. Students receive pledges according to how many laps they complete.
- This company suggested having the event in the Spring, but Tony will ask if they could do a Fall event.
- We can look into similar (local) agencies that have been used by other local schools (i.e, Apex.)
Noodles & Company:
- Tony is currently looking into a partnership with the new local Noodles & Company
- Overall this event didn’t go well this year
- Will look into a new vendor for next year
• Gina G motioned to adjourn meeting. Gina H seconded. Meeting adjourned.
WestWood PTC Minutes
January 3, 2017
Attendees: Tony Hauschildt, Karen Zwolenski, Gina Gertner, Gina Hendrickson, Jenni Reimers, Amanda Swenson, Alexa Chapin, Adrienne Kelsey, Kira Kuksenko, Cassie Downard, Judy Rowland
December Minutes: Gina G motioned to approve the December meeting minutes. Gina H seconded. Motion passed.
- January will be a busy month with many events falling between tonight and our next PTC meeting
- SAGE info night
- Kindness Retreat for 4th graders
- Second greasers taking COGAT test
- Geography Bee • Kindergarten Registration
- I Love to Read Month will kick off
- This committee has not met yet. After they meet, Karen will present the PTC with any potential requests for our support.
- 2nd and 3rd grade music concert
- 5th graders going to Feed My Starving Children
- In years past the PTC has purchased M&M tubes to collect quarters to use as Feed My Starving Children donations. This year, the PTC funds will be used for bussing instead of the M&M tubes.
- No 2017 ESTEM night discussions have occurred to date
- There were few transactions in the month of December
- PTC ordered and paid for adult size WestWood t-shirts
- Readathon expenses were increased due to payment for pizza lunch
- Money was deposited from school store
- Carnival prize expenses
- Field trip spending is currently at $1452 of $4000
- Tax return was completed for 2015/2016
Family Fun Carnival update:
- Name changed to reflect new games being introduced to our annual family event
- IPod music will be played in gym where the games will be held (in lieu of DJ)
- Cosmopolitan is donating a hockey shoot out game (in lieu of photo booth)
- We are adding carnival games – they will be in the gym and will require tickets
- Game tickets will be 50 cents each, or $5 for an unlimited wristband option
- Tickets will also be used for food and drinks as in previous years. Pre-purchase option will be available for all tickets.
- There will be less decorating this year
- More volunteers will be needed this year to run games. Michelle C and Gina G will ask for volunteers in the letter going home. A sign up genius will also be sent out prior to the event.
- We will continue to look into using the PTC carnival games kept in storage in the future. Thus year, we did not have the means for transporting and/or storing the games. A few od the smaller games will be used this year.
- We can look into putting any potential profits from the Family Fun Night right back into that event
• Twins Day
- Adrienne reserved 150 tickets for Sunday, May 21st (vs KC Royals)
- Adrienne will advertise any giveaways and “extras” for kids (i.e. running bases)
• Coke Rewards – Alane Madsen is coordinating
• Staff Appreciation Breakfast
- May 5th
- Tony volunteered to take this event
- In the past there has been a breakfast provided for staff (yogurt, pastries, fruit, coffee) as well as small prizes won from drawings
• School Store
- Gina H currently coordinates, but will not be able to continue next year
- Jessie Hawley will continue to assist next year’s coordinator
• Vice President – Will be open next year
MusicFest Rotary Fundraiser
- This idea was introduced at December’s meeting
- Tony reached out to Tim Bell and is meeting with him to look into using this as a potential fundraiser later this year.
- Tony will get more information such as who else uses this fundraiser, if there is a minimum sell required, etc
- More info to come at February meeting. If we pursue, a rotary representative might attend that meeting to present us with all of the needed information.
- Check mailboxes as board members
- Next meeting is February 7th
Meeting Adjourned Gina G made a motion to adjourn tonight’s meeting. Gina H seconded. Motion Passed.