March 2018 PTC Meeting
3/6/2018 6:30 PM
Attendees: Karen Zwolenski, Gina Hendrickson, Amy Zwart, Tony Hauschildt, Jessica Olstad, Becky Smith
- Becky motioned to approve, Karen seconded. Motion passed
- See the February S’more for a great monthly update
- WestWood safety – In light of recent events, we had a great conversation about all of the plans in place to keep our children safe at WestWood
- Well run system – All entrances and exits are locked all day. Only door that is unlocked goes into the main office. ALL PEOPLE must check in with the office staff and wear a sticker to be in the building.
- If staff sees someone without a badge or sticker, they are asked to approach the person and offer them one. If the staff person is not comfortable approaching the visitor, they let Mrs. Zwolenski know and she will approach the guest
- 5 lock down drills per year, 5 fire drills per year, 1 tornado drill per year
- New Police liaison – he has visited and toured our building. Our staff can access him at any time. He spends a great deal of his time at the middle school buildings.
- Evacuation plans are in order and staff does review this plan
- Medical emergency drills (MERT team drills) also occur throughout the schoolyear
- If any ideas/needs come up to keep our school safer, the PTC would like to look into allocating funds to meet those needs, if possible
Treasurer Report/Budget Update
Family Fun Night
- It was a great success!!!!
- We had a discussion about potential changes for next year
- Amy will create a document for our Google Docs with these recommendations
- There will be adjustments to:
- Ticket sales
- Event locations within the building
- We discussed moving the event to a Saturday, but after talking through the pros and cons of each option, we are leaning toward staying with Friday night. Karen will talk to Renee and Kids Co to see if we can find a plan that works for everyone.